How to Care for Your Permanent Makeup
Permanent makeup is a cosmetic procedure that uses a needle to deposit pigment into the dermis layer of the skin, creating a long-lasting enhancement, such as eyeliner, eyebrows, or lip color. While it can be a great way to save time and money on makeup, it’s important to care for your permanent makeup properly to ensure that it looks its best and lasts as long as possible.
Here are some tips on how to care for your permanent makeup:
- Wash your face gently: Wash your face twice a day with a gentle cleanser and pat it dry. Avoid scrubbing or rubbing the area around your permanent makeup, as this can irritate the skin and cause the pigment to fade prematurely. You can use a mild soap or cleanser that is specifically designed for sensitive skin.
- Use sunscreen: Sun exposure can fade permanent makeup, so it’s important to use sunscreen on the area every day, even on cloudy days. Look for a sunscreen that is labeled as “broad spectrum” and has an SPF of 30 or higher. Be sure to apply sunscreen generously and reapply it every two hours, or more often if you are sweating or swimming.
- Avoid harsh chemicals: Harsh chemicals, such as those found in makeup removers and toners, can also fade permanent makeup. If you need to use makeup remover, choose a gentle formula that is specifically designed for sensitive skin. You can also use micellar water, which is a gentle cleanser that removes makeup without irritating the skin.
- Be patient: Permanent makeup takes time to heal completely. During the healing process, your skin may be red, swollen, or scabbed. It’s important to be patient and avoid picking at the scabs, as this can damage the pigment. The healing process can take anywhere from 2 weeks to a month.
- Get touch-ups: Permanent makeup will fade over time, so it’s important to get touch-ups every few years to maintain the desired look. The frequency of touch-ups will vary depending on the type of permanent makeup you have and your skin type.
In addition to these general tips, there are also some specific things you can do to care for your permanent eyeliner:
- Avoid wearing eyeliner pencils or liquid eyeliners on the same eye as your permanent eyeliner. These products can irritate the skin and cause the pigment to fade prematurely.
- If you do wear eyeliner, make sure to remove it completely every night.
- Be careful when applying mascara to your lashes. Avoid getting mascara on your permanent eyeliner, as this can also cause the pigment to fade.
By following these tips, you can help your permanent makeup look its best and last for many years to come.
Here are some additional tips for caring for your permanent makeup:
- Avoid swimming or hot tubs for the first week after your procedure.
- Don’t apply makeup to the area for the first 24 hours after your procedure.
- If you have any questions or concerns about caring for your permanent makeup, be sure to ask your artist.
We hope these tips help you to care for your permanent makeup and keep it looking its best for years to come!